Meeting Room Hosts
- Our Mission: CSquared is a technology company, committed to a digitally connected Africa by making impactful investments into open-access broadband enabling infrastructure throughout Africa.
- While a basic connection is useful when it comes to Internet access, abundant, affordable broadband can transform communities & help people make the most of opportunities online. By investing in internet infrastructure to optimise service delivery by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) & Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), CSquared helps bring high-quality broadband access throughout Africa
- Our Vision: A Digitally Connected Africa.
- Our Background: CSquared started as a project within Google in 2011. The project aimed to build metropolitan fiber optic networks, which would be leased by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) on a wholesale model, and as a neutral operator of shared infrastructures. The long-term vision for Google was to increase Internet penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa and also to reduce Internet access costs by investing in the required infrastructure. As the internet is a global lever for development, the lease/partnership of a wholesale last mile fiber network would ultimately carry many secondary benefits.
- Our Structure: In October 2017, in order to accelerate the scope of the project, Google entered into a joint venture with Mitsui & Co (Japan), Convergence Partners (South Africa) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC, World Bank Group). CSquared became an independent company with these four shareholders, putting their expertise and experience to work. Together, they have made available 100 million USD to lead expansion projects in new markets.
Find us at the event
- Stand number
- Meeting Room: 1.54