Sustainability at East Africa Com
Find out more about our sustainable initiatives and why sustainability is so important to us at East Africa Com...
Sustainability at Informa Tech
At Informa Tech, who bring you East Africa Com as well our flagship event Africa Tech Festival, we are dedicated to becoming the most sustainable, ethical, and positive impact business we can be.
Sustainability at Informa Tech has five focus areas: people, communities, environment, customers, and governance. Our passion to being sustainable is central to how we behave, make decisions, and do business daily.
We are driven by insight, innovation, and collaboration, and take pride in our commitment to having a positive environmental and social impact on the communities and industries we work within.
You can see more about how Informa Tech, within Informa plc, remain a sustainable business here.
Sustainable initiatives at East Africa Com
- Creating less waste by swapping paper agendas for digital and printing as much signage as possible onto recyclable material
- Using our content and partnerships to help support the sustainability of the market our event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors, and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event with initiatives such as our shell scheme
- Partnering with charities whose missions align with our own for the sustainable future of East Africa and of the world
- Using local suppliers as much as possible for sourcing AV equipment, technical crew, furniture, and signage
- Working with an accessible venue to ensure we create a welcoming environment to all
- Creating a positive impact on our host city, Nairobi, by encouraging local tourism and interacting with the tourism board
- Empowering our team and partners to be sustainable through frequent newsletters, team meetings and delegating responsibility to our graduate producer to ensure the next generation of event professionals continue to be inspired
Our Charity Partnerships
Creating meaningful partnerships is greatly important to us at East Africa Com. Our purpose is to equip and inspire people to design, build and run a better, more inclusive digital world; accelerating the socio-economical development across East Africa and the continent as a whole.
We want to go further and inspire the sustainable development of the industry we serve. By partnering with significant charities, we can connect people with the relevant networks and knowledge at our event, helping them to develop and solve some of the biggest challenges across the region. We are proud to have partnered in the past with charities Kolisi Foundation and Ingressive for Good, and to be a partner with Kami Limu, Camara Africa, and Solicitude Kenya for East Africa Com 2023.
East Africa Com, and our flagship Africa Tech Festival, offer charities and non-profits unparalleled opportunity to tell their story to a wider audience. If you'd like to partner with us, please contact email@example.com.
Find out more about our 2023 charity partnerships here.
Diversity and Inclusion
East Africa Com is dedicated to creating a welcoming space for all and supporting underrepresented voices in the industry through diverse speaker panels, a start-up dedicated space, and various partnerships. These efforts are ongoing and evolving; we are committed to actively deepening our relationship and support of existing organizations that serve these communities.
We pride ourselves in our inclusive speaker database, with 48% of our 2021 speakers identifying as non-male. We also welcomed attendees from across the region, including: Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and Zambia.
Our content is varied and focused on diversity and inclusion. With sessions such as Leaders of Tomorrow: guiding East Africa’s youth into a tech-focused world, Going backwards: Why has progress stalled in closing the gender gap in mobile internet use? and The role of East Africa’s start-up ecosystem in creating a sustainable future for Africa, we ensure we are targeting different personas such as students and women to ensure the future of tech is inspired and diverse.