Event dates: 13-16 Nov
Exhibition Opening Dates: 14 - 16 Nov,
Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town
We are delighted to welcome you on board the program for Africa Tech Festival 2023. This page includes all the information you should need to prepare for the event. If you have any questions, please contact your Speaker Manager. Please ensure you read each section carefully and meet the required deadlines. We look forward to working with you in making this a successful event!
SPEAKER LIAISON / YOUR POINT OF CONTACT
If you need any assistance in the lead up to the event or have any questions on the below please contact your dedicated Speaker Manager:
- For Headliners; AfricaCom & LeadersIn tracks, please contact Aimee Wilson at Aimee.Wilson@informa.com
- For Omdia Summit; AfricaIgnite: The Home of African Founders; AfricaIgnite: Founders Academy Stage; AI & Big Data Africa and Cybersecurity Africa tracks, please contact Morisaa Divina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Pioneer Tech; Fintech, Blockchain & MFS; AfricaTech Centre Stage and Data Centres & Cloud Africa tracks, please contact Billie Ayres at email@example.com
For a quick response please only contact your designated speaker contact if you have any questions.
Please email us with the below information ASAP
- Short biography (around 100-words and not CV) - for inclusion on the website and so that the Chair can introduce you correctly
- Headshot and colour photo: digital format saved as a JPEG, PNG or GIF file
- Please check that your biography and photo are uploaded correctly on the speaker listing, if not please reach out to us
- Mobile Number (so we can reach you on site in case of an emergency)
- Dietary Requirements (please specify)
- Special Assistance: Please inform us if you require any specific assistance at the venue
- Any specific AV requirements if you are presenting a stand alone presentation
As a Speaker, please arrive at least one break in advance of your session and adhere to the guidelines below:
- Please check your session(s) on the latest agenda here. If you have any queries regarding the agenda please contact the producers.
- The room will be equipped with a laptop, data projector, screen, remote mouse and microphone. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- Note the comfort monitors in the room show a direct relay of the screen and cannot show notes.
- If you wish to present from your personal Mac computer, you will need to bring your own adapter to connect to the system.
- If you would prefer your presentation not to be made available to delegates on the conference website/event app, please let us know.
- Please bring an updated version of your presentation on a USB drive to the event, just in case!
- Headliner session will be filmed and as a speaker within this session you agree to be filmed. Some additional sessions may be filmed. If you do not wish to be filmed, please let me know by Monday 16th October.
YOUR ROLE - STAND ALONE PRESENTATION
Please upload your presentation to the dedicated Dropbox link by Friday 27th October as a PPT file. Ensure you bring a backup of your presentation on USB.
- Rename your file by using the speaker name_organisation before uploading.
- Once uploaded, email your speaker manager to let them know to expect it.
- A laptop, data projector, screen, remote mouse and microphone will be provided. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- To avoid any potential technical problems on the day, please let us know by return if you have any particular technical requirements such as internet access on stage, non-standard software, running of movies/audio, or custom fonts. These must be uploaded into the drop box as separate files.
- Any specific company fonts will need to be provided by 27th October.
- Presentations should be submitted in English and in 16:9 format with a minimum font size of 24 so that text is easily legible. Do not send a PDF file.
- Presentations will be made from a centralised laptop. A remote mouse will be provided.
- The comfort monitor will show a direct relay of what is on the screen and cannot show presenter notes.
- The venue WiFi should not be relied upon for demonstrations or videos.
- Please bear in mind the time allocated which includes 5 minutes for questions.
- Please ensure that you are in the session room at the beginning of the break before your presentation to check your slides.
- All videos should be provided in .h264 format in the highest res possible .mov or.mp4. Should you have a different format, please check this with you Speaker Manager ASAP.
YOUR ROLE - CHAIR & MODERATOR
- The Chair will introduce the stand alone speakers and moderators.
- Moderators should welcome and introduce their panellists.
- Before the event, the producer will connect moderators with the panellists to make introductions.
- Moderators should give an introduction to the subject and moderate the discussion in the panel remembering to include questions from the floor.
- At the end of the session, wrap up with some closing remarks.
- An information pack with house keeping, health & safety, agenda and biographies will be provided before event to Chairs.
- An introduction email will be sent at the end of October to panellists introducing them to their Moderator. Once this has been sent moderators should follow up and organise preparation calls.
Chairs & Moderators are NOT required to submit slides
YOUR ROLE - PANELLIST
- Before the event, the producer will connect you to the moderator and other panellists to make introductions via email. The moderator will initiate prep calls and we ask that you respond quickly to these messages.
- Discuss with the moderator and other panellists questions you wish to be discussed during the panel and any themes you do not wish to discuss.
Panellists are NOT required to submit slides
VISA INVITATION LETTER
It is your responsibility to check visa requirements to enter South Africa and complete applications in advance of the event. A visa support letter to illustrate the purpose of your travel can be requested by completing the form on the following link and selecting the visa tick box here. Please be aware some visa applications can take some time to process so early applications are strongly recommended to prevent any problems in terms of attending the event. Please also note that Informa Tech/Africa Tech Festival do not take responsibility for the issuance of visas. We are unable to assist with visa applications beyond the issuance of the visa invitation letter.
ACCOMMODATION & VENUE
Africa Tech Festival will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in CTICC 1 and CTICC 2. For details and direction to the venue, please click here.
- VIP Lounge, Presentation Upload & Speaker Registration, Headliners & AfricaCom
Convention Square, 1 Lower Long Street, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
GPS co-ordinates: -33.915141⁰, 18.425657⁰
- Satellite Speaker Registration & AfricaTech
Corner of Heerengracht & Rua Bartholomeu Dias, Foreshore, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
GPS co-ordinates: -33.91747⁰, 18.42908⁰
Parking at the CTICC is never a problem, with over 1400 secure, easily accessible on-site parking bays available to visitors.
- The 1061 bays on P1 are accessed via the Buitengracht or Walter Sisulu Avenue/Long Street entrance and require a short walk across Convention Square to enter the CTICC 1.Accessible parking bays are only available on all levels.
- The 362 bays on P3 are situated in the CTICC 1 basement, which can be accessed via Heerengracht Street and FW de Klerk Blvd. This parking area has limited accessible parking bays.
- The 174 bays on P5 are situated in the CTICC 2 basement and can be accessed via FW de Klerk Blvd. This parking area has limited accessible parking bays.
Parking is not included in the venue rental, and guests are required to use the convenient pay-on-foot parking ticket kiosks to pay for their parking.
For a list of parking tariffs please check here.
As a valued speaker, you will be provided with a pass delivering a VIP, complimentary access to our main event features, including 12 stages of premium content, the exhibition and catering, VIP lounge, and social features such as the Happy Hour drinks and the renowned party, the AFest (14 November) (*).
As a thank you for your time and dedication, we are also providing you free VIP tickets to share with your contacts and community. It's a powerful opportunity for you to (re-)connect with your contacts.To invite guests, simply share the registration link here.
Should your guests not meet our VIP criteria, they will be offered instead premium delegate passes, delivering the same benefits and access to our premium content, apart from VIP-only/invitation-only features.
(*) Speaker badges will not give you automatic access to the following invite-only events: LeadersIn Africa Summit, Africa Tech Festival Awards, Inspiring50 Gala Dinner, Omdia Analyst Summit and AFest. These features will require separate registration and attendance will be subject to specific attendance criteria. Please contact your speaker manager if you are interested in attending these.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Please use the hashtags below to post on social media about your involvement with the event.
Facebook: Africa Tech Festival
LinkedIn: Africa Tech Festival
Instagram: Africa Tech Fest
Hashtag: #AfricaTechFestival and #ATF2023
If you would like to announce via your social media platform that you will be speaking at the festival, you can do so using a speaker card we have created for you and / or using the link in the speaker welcome email which will auto generate your profile onto some event graphics along with all the text necessary meaning all you have to do log into LinkedIn and click “post”.
Guest Registration link
Auto Generate your Profile via LinkedIn. Make sure you are logged into LinkedIn as it uses your LinkedIn profile for your details.
LEADERSIN AFRICA SUMMIT
As a speaker you are invited to join us for the exclusive LeadersIn Africa Summit, taking place on Monday 13th November, 12:00 – 16:45 SAST.
It is an exclusive, invite-only leadership event for the most senior and influential executives. Run under Chatham House Rules to encourage frank, productive dialogue and build further connections between industry leaders, policymakers and regulators, this interactive, highly curated content feature will explore the critical issues currently affecting Africa’s digital development. LeadersIn Africa Summit exists to inspire the most innovative thinkers to use technology to transform business, society and champion positive change. The Summit has a highly interactive format, combining insightful presentations with a variety of Roundtable discussion sessions and ample time for informal networking, enabling opportunity to build meaningful connections; share experiences and drive valuable outputs.
Please note this is an invite-only event, if you are interested in attending, please email our VIP Relations team on firstname.lastname@example.org
INSPIRING 50 CELEBRATIONS
On Monday 13th November at 18:00-21:30 SAST, we’re gathering to celebrate InspiringFifty Africa, a global initiative run by EQL:HER that recognises the top fifty women who are making significant strides in tech careers across the African continent.
These awards hold immense importance as they provide a well-deserved platform for acknowledging the inspirational efforts of women in our industry. The winners of InspiringFifty Africa 2023 will be unveiled during an awards ceremony and gala dinner in Cape Town as part of the Africa Tech Festival on 13 November.
Please note this is an invite-only event, if you are interested in attending, please email our VIP Relations team on email@example.com
Join us on Wednesday 15th November 15th, as we gather to honour the outstanding contributions of the telco, tech, and startup community throughout Africa at the prestigious Africa Tech Festival Awards. This event will be a celebration of remarkable individuals in various award categories, including 'Changing Lives,' 'Innovation for Impact,' and, in an exciting addition to this year's edition, 'Creative Visionary.'
This year we’re taking the celebration to new heights with a prestigious formal gala dinner at the iconic Bay Hotel in Cape Town. We'll kick off the evening with a drinks reception, giving guests the opportunity to mingle and network with one another before being seated for a fabulous three-course meal, followed by the award show. Get ready for an evening of glamour, excitement, and recognition as we honour the brightest stars of Africa's thriving tech ecosystem!
If you are interested in attending, please register via the link here.
As a speaker, you are welcome to join our social events.
- Happy Hour drinks will be held in the AfricaCom and AfricaTech exhibitions at the end of the conference day on Tuesday 14th November. It is not necessary to register for this and anyone with an event badge can attend.
- The AFest, Africa Tech Festival's renowned party will be taking place at Old Biscuit Mill on Tuesday 14th November from 19:00 till midnight. Should you wish to attend the party – please register your interest with your speaker manager. This is offered on a first-come-first served basis so please register your interest early.
Africa Tech Festival is powered by Swapcard.
The platform will be launched and available to all to ensure you have enough time to complete your profiles and familiarise yourself with the platform. Our team will be on hand throughout the whole process to ensure you get the best experience possible!
LOGGING IN TO SWAPCARD
Please follow instructions on the link HERE on how to sign up or log in to your profile.
We have loaded your details, along with your photo and biography, into the platform. If you have not yet sent these through, please send them through before 6th November 2023.
NETWORKING & MEETINGS
In order to make the most out of the event, we hope you will utilise the networking tools before and after your session.
You will be able to:
- Request Meetings
- Schedule Virtual Meetings
- Make New Connections
CODE OF CONDUCT
Informa Tech is dedicated to providing an inclusive and safe event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We are a diverse community of professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Please be considerate and careful with your words and actions. Exhibitors in the expo hall, evening party hosts and organizers of concurrent activities should be aware they are subject to the code of conduct. Exhibitors and party hosts may not promote sexualized or offensive imagery or activities. Exhibition and party staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment. Participants asked to stop any behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant or sponsor engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, Informa Tech staff may take action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
Informa Tech is committed to a role of environmental and sustainable leadership in every aspect of our business and recognises the responsibilities we have to our employees, our customers, our suppliers, the communities we work within and the environment as a whole.
Our contribution to a sustainable and environmentally harmonious society is based upon best practice and covers:
- Environment: We use recycled materials for office and event documentation and reduce the use of plastics in all our event collateral
- Community: To encourage sustainable development in the wider business we endeavour to utilise environmentally accredited venues and support regional agricultural practice by insisting on using locally grown produce for catering at all our large events.
- Relationships: Informa Tech has developed an alliance with the Carbon Neutral Company and as a further example of our customer centricity, we strive to locate our events central to where we feel the majority of attendees originate.
By registering for this event you acknowledge recordings, video, and photographs are being taken during the event. By you entering this virtual event, you give unqualified consent to: Informa Tech, its agents, licensees to record, use and publicise your voice, actions, likeness, and appearance, in any manner and media, worldwide in perpetuity. If you wish to avoid being recorded, please do not enter this event.