Core Agenda & Exhibition: 14-16 Nov
Partner Programmes & Digital Content: 14 - 16 Nov,
Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town
SPEAKER LIAISON / YOUR POINT OF CONTACT
If you need any assistance in the lead up to the event or have any questions on the below please contact your dedicated Speaker Manager:
For Headliners & AfricaCom tracks, please contact Aimee Wilson at Aimee.Wilson@informa.com
For AfricaTech tracks, please contact Heidi Fong at Heidi.Fong@informa.com
For a quick response please only contact your designated speaker contact if you have any questions.
Please email us with the below information ASAP
- Short biography (around 100-words and not CV) - for inclusion on the website and so that the Chair can introduce you correctly
- Headshot high-res and colour photo: digital format saved as a JPEG, PNG or GIF file
- Please check that your biography and photo are uploaded correctly on the speaker listing, if not please reach out to us
- Mobile Number (so I can reach you on site in case of an emergency)
- Dietary Requirements (please specify)
- Special Assistance: Please inform us if you require any specific assistance at the venue
As a Speaker, please arrive at least one break in advance of your session and adhere to the guidelines below:
- Please check your session(s) on the latest agenda here. If you have any queries regarding the agenda please contact the producers.
- The room will be equipped with a laptop, data projector, screen and microphone. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- If you wish to present from your personal Mac computer, you will need to bring your own adapter to connect to the system.
- If you would prefer your presentation not to be made available to delegates on the conference website/event app, please let us know.
- Please bring an updated version of your presentation on a USB drive to the event, just in case!
- Headliner session will be filmed and as a speaker within this session you agree to be filmed. Some additional sessions may be filmed. If you do not wish to be filmed, please let me know by Monday 17th October.
YOUR ROLE - PRESENTER
Please upload your presentation to the dedicated Dropbox link according to your track in the Speaker Welcome email by 31st October as a PPT file. Ensure you bring a backup of your presentation on USB.
- A laptop, data projector, screen and microphone will be provided. Please let us know if you require any other equipment.
- To avoid any potential technical problems on the day, please let us know by return if you have any particular technical requirements such as internet access on stage, non-standard software, running of movies/audio, or custom fonts.
- Any specific company fonts will need to be provided by 31st October.
- Presentations should be submitted in English and in 16:9 format with a minimum font size of 24 so that text is easily legible. Do not send a PDF file.
- Presentations will be made from a centralised laptop. A remote mouse will be provided.
- Please bear in mind the time allocated which includes 5 minutes for questions.
- Please ensure that you are in the session room at the beginning of the break before your presentation to check your slides.
- All videos should be provided in .h264 format in the highest res possible .mov or.mp4. Should you have a different format, please check this with you Speaker Manager ASAP.
YOUR ROLE - CHAIR & MODERATOR
- The Chair will introduces the stand alone speakers and moderators.
- Moderators should welcome and introduce their panelists.
- Before the event, the producer will connect moderators with the panelists to make introductions.
- Moderators should give an introduction to the subject and moderate the discussion in the panel remembering to include questions from the floor.
- At the end of the session, wrap up with some closing remarks.
- An information pack with biographies will be provided before event.
Chairs & Moderators are NOT required to submit slides
YOUR ROLE - PANELLIST
- Before the event, the producer will connect you to the moderator and other panelists to make introductions.
- Discuss with the moderator and other panelists questions to be discussed during the panel.
Panellists are NOT required to submit slides
VISA INVITATION LETTER
If you require a VISA invitation from Informa to attend Africa Tech Festival, the editable template can be downloaded at the following link: https://tmt.knect365.com/africa-tech-festival/plan-your-visit
If you require a VISA invitation letter from a South African National to attend Africa Tech Festival, please contact Arnolette( firstname.lastname@example.org ) at the CTICC providing the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
ACCOMMODATION & VENUE
Physical Address : Convention Square, 1 Lower Long Street, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
GPS co-ordinates: - 33.915141°,18.425657°
Physical Address : Corner of Heerengracht & Rua Bartholomeu Dias, Foreshore, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
GPS co-ordinates: - 33.91747°,18.42908°
Please book your accommodation using the link here.
Parking at the CTICC is never a problem, with over 1400 secure, easily accessible on-site parking bays available to visitors.
- The 1061 bays on P1 are accessed via the Buitengracht or Walter Sisulu Avenue/Long Street entrance and require a short walk across Convention Square to enter the CTICC 1.Accessible parking bays are only available on all levels.
- The 362 bays on P3 are situated in the CTICC 1 basement, which can be accessed via Heerengracht Street and FW de Klerk Blvd. This parking area has limited accessible parking bays.
- The 174 bays on P5 are situated in the CTICC 2 basement and can be accessed via FW de Klerk Blvd. This parking area has limited accessible parking bays.
Parking is not included in the venue rental, and guests are required to use the convenient pay-on-foot parking ticket kiosks to pay for their parking.
For a list of parking tariffs please check here.
As a valued speaker, you will have an 'All-Access Delegate Pass'. This will give you access to all areas of the event, free of charge.
Your badge will give you access to all track sessions, social events, the exhibition and catering (*). Please note AFest and LeadersIn Summit needs separate registration – please email your speaker manager if you are interested in attending.
For registration please bring a business card or a form of ID to avoid any confusion.
As a thank you for your time and dedication, we are also providing you free VIP tickets to share with your contacts and community. It's a powerful opportunity for you to (re-)connect with your contacts.
Please feel free to share the registration link in your speaker welcome email and ask your contact to enter the code 'SPEAKER2022' when requested. This will enable your guests to join you as VIPs, provided that they meet our seniority and industry criteria. Should they not meet our VIP criteria, your contacts will be offered free premium delegate passes, giving them the same benefits and access to premium content, apart from our VIP-only features.
(*) Speaker badges will not give you access to the following invite only events: Elevating Founders Roundtables, EQL Pledge Drinks, Inspiring50 Dinner, Broadband Africa or the Ministerial Summit.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Please use the hashtag below to post on twitter about your involvement with the event.
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Facebook: Connecting Africa Series
LinkedIn: Connecting Africa
If you would like to announce via your social media platform that you will be speaking at the festival, you can do so using a speaker card we have created for you and / or using the link in the speaker welcome email which will auto generate your profile onto some event graphics along with all the text necessary meaning all you have to do log into LinkedIn and click “post”.
LEADERSIN AFRICA SUMMIT
As a Speaker you are invited to join us for the exclusive LeadersIn Africa Summit, taking place on Monday 7th November, 12:30-16:30 SAST.
It is an exclusive, invite-only leadership event for the most senior and influential executives. Run under Chatham House Rules to encourage frank, productive dialogue and build further connections between industry leaders, policymakers and regulators, this interactive, highly curated content feature will explore the critical issues currently affecting Africa’s digital development. LeadersIn Africa Summit exists to inspire the most innovative thinkers to use technology to transform business, society and champion positive change. The Summit has a highly interactive format, combining insightful presentations with a variety of Roundtable discussion sessions and ample time for informal networking, enabling opportunity to build meaningful connections; share experiences and drive valuable outputs. For further information, please visit here.
Please note this is an invite-only event, if you are interested in attending, please contact our VIP Relations team on email@example.com
As a speaker, you are welcomed to join our social events. There will be welcome drinks held in the exhibition at the end of the conference day on Wednesday. The AFest, Africa Tech Festival's renowned party will be taking place at Cabo Beach Club on Tuesday 8 November. Should you wish to attend the party – please register your interest with us.
Africa Tech Festival is powered by Swapcard.
The platform will be launched and available to all to ensure you have enough time to complete your profiles and familiarise yourself with the platform. Our team will be on hand throughout the whole process to ensure you get the best experience possible!
LOGGING IN TO SWAPCARD
Please follow instructions on the link HERE on how to sign up or log in to your profile.
We have loaded your details, along with your photo and biography, into the platform. If you have not yet sent these through, please send them through before 25th October 2021.
NETWORKING & MEETINGS
In order to make the most out of the event, we hope you will utilise the networking tools before and after your session.
You will be able to:
- Request Meetings
- Schedule Virtual Meetings
- Make New Connections
CODE OF CONDUCT
Informa Tech is dedicated to providing an inclusive and safe event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We are a diverse community of professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Please be considerate and careful with your words and actions. Exhibitors in the expo hall, evening party hosts and organizers of concurrent activities should be aware they are subject to the code of conduct. Exhibitors and party hosts may not promote sexualized or offensive imagery or activities. Exhibition and party staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment. Participants asked to stop any behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant or sponsor engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, Informa Tech staff may take action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
Informa Tech is committed to a role of environmental and sustainable leadership in every aspect of our business and recognises the responsibilities we have to our employees, our customers, our suppliers, the communities we work within and the environment as a whole.
Our contribution to a sustainable and environmentally harmonious society is based upon best practice and covers:
- Environment: We use recycled materials for office and event documentation and reduce the use of plastics in all our event collateral
- Community: To encourage sustainable development in the wider business we endeavour to utilise environmentally accredited venues and support regional agricultural practice by insisting on using locally grown produce for catering at all our large events.
- Relationships: Informa Tech has developed an alliance with the Carbon Neutral Company and as a further example of our customer centricity, we strive to locate our events central to where we feel the majority of attendees originate.
By registering for this event you acknowledge recordings, video, and photographs are being taken during the event. By you entering this virtual event, you give unqualified consent to: Informa Tech, its agents, licensees to record, use and publicise your voice, actions, likeness, and appearance, in any manner and media, worldwide in perpetuity. If you wish to avoid being recorded, please do not enter this event.